good quote

" In my opinion, the great single need of the moment is that light-hearted superficial religionists be struck down with a vision of God high and lifted up, with His train filling the temple. The holy art of worship seems to have passed away like the Shekinah glory from the tabernacle. As a result, we are left to our own devices and forced to make up the lack of spontaneous worship by ...bringing in countless cheap and tawdry activities to hold the attention of the church people." ~ A.W. Tozer

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Where do I begin?



I can't believe it has been such a long time since I've updated anything on here. I'm on Facebook more than I am on here but I do want to give an update to those who are not on the fast pace social beast that is Facebook.

In the last couple years I have really gotten into the idea of self-sufficiency, natural living/ lifestyle, and homesteading. I've especially grown in that area this year as I try to eat healthier, exercise more and become a healthier person all around so that I can fulfill God's plan for my life. I've learned so much in the way of homesteading and eco-friendly methods and budgeting that I can't begin to tell you all about what I have learned. It's all so AWESOME! I've learned how to make my own bread and hope to always be able to do that and I've been learning how to use herbs more in my cooking as well as in my own health care. Why, just the other day I learned how to make coconut oil based toothpaste. haha With the more I learn the more I desire to do and the more I pray that the Lord would allow me to one day buy some land and a house and have my own homestead. I've even looked into living in a yurt. For those of you that don't know what a yurt is, it is a round tent style home that was first used by tribal people in the middle east but they have come such a LONG way from that.

  If I had a homestead, I would have solar power, chickens, ducks, rabbits, goats, maybe a cow or two, a HUGE garden or several. I would make everything that I used, if possible. I would just love to live off the land and raise a family for the Lord. (I'm still praying for a husband, FYI hahaha) If I had children, I would love to homeschool them if I could but I might consider Christian schooling. I don't care a thing for the way the public school system is going.

 I still work for a Dialysis Clinic as a Certified Clinical Hemodialysis Technician (CCHT) and I'm working hard to educate our patients on things they can do to improve their health. I'm also recently considering becoming a DoTERRA essential oils consultant in my free time. (like I have much of that) I just feel more and more strongly about preventative health care methods rather than symptomatic health care methods. It just makes sense to me that if you take care of your health NOW before issues develop and while any current issues you may have are small and possibly reversible then why wouldn't you try? It seems to me that it would save you a lot of pain and money in the long run. Especially with what our government, i.e. OBAMA, has done to our health care system. I also like the idea of using natural products, things that your body is designed to use and discard after it's use is fulfilled rather than filling your body with synthetic drugs. I don't want to sound like I'm completely against modern medicines because I'm not. I think they have their place and sometimes they are necessary, but sometimes I feel that our society has become so dependent on popping a pill that they think that will solve everything. It doesn't and that is the easy way out in my opinion.

On to other things because I have a lot to update and I don't want to get stuck on one topic right now. With Spring on the horizon I have also been learning a lot about a gardening method calling "Square foot Gardening" that a man by the name of Mel Bartholomew wrote several books on. It's the method I hope to use when I plant the garden at my mother's house this Spring. She has a big backyard and living in the apartment that I rent, I do not. My landlord has been very kind in allowing me to put a raised bed outside of my apartment but it just doesn't grow the amount of veggies and herbs that I hope to grow. I would also like to extent the growing season into the cooler months so I'm looking into that as well. I have so many plans and ideas of things I would like to do but I also know that it is all in God's plan.

I'm still teaching my little Sunday Schoolers. I teach the 3-5 year old class. Right now we are in the book of Ester and I have so enjoyed sharing this book of the Bible with them. I have been pleasantly surprised by how they have been so attentive in class time. I love the fact that they are so into the story time and they listen and answer questions so well. I have been so proud of each of them. They are really doing well and I hope to do a little activity for them at the end of April. I'm hoping to have a tye-dye party for them. I think they will enjoy that so much. I have also been talking with our pastor's wife about doing something for our older girls that wouldn't cost too much. We could have a lock in at the church, watch a good clean movie and maybe do facials or do our nails or do a craft project together. I personally was never into many girly things growing up so facials and nails may be out but a movie and a craft project, I'm all in. These are just some ideas that we had and we haven't set any plans in motion but it's good to have something to look forward to.

My father passed away back in November of 2014. I don't know if I ever put anything on here about it. He knew the Lord though and I am so thankful that he raised us to live for the Lord as well. He has been missed but I'm glad we know where he is now and I wouldn't wish him back from Heaven for anything. It's been hard on my mom to learn how to do a lot of the finances on her own but my sisters and I have been helping her a lot. I offered to moved back in with her but she said not at this time.

Well, I guess that's all for now. If you have any questions about DoTERRA, Essential oils, healthy living, homesteading, yurts, or anything else mentioned here just let me know. you can send an email at katiehughes242@yahoo.com or look me up on facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment