good quote

" In my opinion, the great single need of the moment is that light-hearted superficial religionists be struck down with a vision of God high and lifted up, with His train filling the temple. The holy art of worship seems to have passed away like the Shekinah glory from the tabernacle. As a result, we are left to our own devices and forced to make up the lack of spontaneous worship by ...bringing in countless cheap and tawdry activities to hold the attention of the church people." ~ A.W. Tozer

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Journey Through Joshua

I was doing a little "Spring Cleaning" with my books last week and started to rummage through my old Bible Study notes. I spend a little time with the Lord everyday in His Word but as I looked through my notes I wondered when the last time was that I did a real in depth study of any particular part of the Bible. I couldn't remember so I pulled out the latest Journal that was on my night stand and became aware that the last time was, well.... it's been a while...

I went back to my old notes and saw how the Lord blessed over and over again in opening my heart and head to spiritual knowledge beyond what I could imagine. As I looked I came across a youth devotional on the book of Joshua that I was given back when I was in my early teens. It covers verse after verse, chapter after chapter. It doesn't really give any commentaries by the author. It simply takes the verses and asks you questions about each one, allowing the Lord to direct. I really like studies like that.

I've decided to go through the book of Joshua again. I want to see if I get the same thing from it now that I did years ago as a teenager. I have decided to read through Joshua first on my own and then go back verse by verse and read the questions again to see if I don't get more understanding from the same passages. I believe I was around 13 the first time I did this devotional. I'm 29 now...

It should be interesting to see where this takes me. I'm excited to get started.

No comments:

Post a Comment