good quote

" In my opinion, the great single need of the moment is that light-hearted superficial religionists be struck down with a vision of God high and lifted up, with His train filling the temple. The holy art of worship seems to have passed away like the Shekinah glory from the tabernacle. As a result, we are left to our own devices and forced to make up the lack of spontaneous worship by ...bringing in countless cheap and tawdry activities to hold the attention of the church people." ~ A.W. Tozer

Friday, February 21, 2014

Psalm 40

This Psalm has been my heart's cry and meditation for the last few days and I wanted to post it here. I hope the Lord uses it in your heart just as He has been using it in mine...

Psalm 40 (KJV)

1 I waited patiently for the LORD;
and he inclined unto me, and heard
my cry.
2 He brought me up also out of an
horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and
set my feet upon a rock, and established
my goings.
3 And he hath put a new song in
my mouth, even praise unto our God:
many shall see it, and fear, and shall
trust in the LORD.
4 Blessed is that man that maketh
the LORD his trust, and respecteth not
the proud, nor such as turn aside to
lies.
5 Many, O LORD my God, are thy
wonderful works which thou hast
done, and thy thoughts which are to
us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up
in order unto thee: if I would declare
and speak of them, they are more than
can be numbered.
6 Sacrifice and offering thou didst
not desire; mine ears hast thou
opened: burnt offering and sin offering
hast thou not required.
7 Then said I, Lo, I come: in the
volume of the book it is written
of me,
8 I delight to do thy will, O my
God: yea, thy law is within my heart.
9 I have preached righteousness in
the great congregation: lo, I have not
refrained my lips, O LORD, thou
knowest.
10 I have not hid thy righteousness
within my heart; I have declared thy
faithfulness and thy salvation: I have
not concealed thy lovingkindness and
thy truth from the great congregation.
11 Withhold not thou thy tender
mercies from me, O LORD: let thy
loveingkindness and thy truth continually
preserve me.
12 For innumerable evils have
compassed me about: mine iniquities
have taken hold upon me, so that I am
not able to look up; they are more
than the hairs of mine head: therefore
my heart faileth me.
13 Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver
me: O LORD, make haste to help me.
14 Let them be ashamed and confounded
together that seek after my
soul to destroy it; let them be driven
backward and put to shame that
wish me evil.
15 Let them be desolate for a reward
of their shame that say unto me,
Aha, aha.
16 Let all those that seek thee rejoice
and be glad in thee: let such as
love thy salvation say continually,
The LORD be magnified.
17 But I am poor and needy; yet
the LORD thinketh upon me: thou art
my help and my deliverer; make no
tarrying, O my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment