good quote

" In my opinion, the great single need of the moment is that light-hearted superficial religionists be struck down with a vision of God high and lifted up, with His train filling the temple. The holy art of worship seems to have passed away like the Shekinah glory from the tabernacle. As a result, we are left to our own devices and forced to make up the lack of spontaneous worship by ...bringing in countless cheap and tawdry activities to hold the attention of the church people." ~ A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

So MUCH has happened and I praise the Lord for every moment

WOW! I can't believe it has been so long since I have visited my blog. Sorry to all my readers but it has been such a busy year and a half. I looked at the date on my last blog and it was July 2012! That's so unbelievable. I guess I should try to catch you all up on just what has kept me away for so long.
  As I try to apply Colossians 1:10,( "That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being faithful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God."), to my life in all areas, the Lord has worked in many ways and directed my path and has been faithfully good through it all.

December 2012 I began a new job as a Patient Care Technician for Dialysis Clinic Inc. It's been such an amazing adventure. It really is a ministry caring for each and every patient that comes in for treatment. Some days are Great, some days are ok, and some days are bad but overall I've come to really care for the ones I take care of each day. I'm not the best at what I do but I give it my best everyday. I just celebrated 1 year there this past December. Can't believe I've lasted this long! Praise the Lord!

In February 2013 I was blessed with a new vehicle that I desperately need. The Lord blessed me with a 2010 Honda CR-V and has continued to bless me by allowing me to make each payment every month and to actually pay a little more each month than the monthly amount. Also, the Lord has been so generous as to allow me to keep insurance on it as well. It's been a great little SUV/Car and the gas mileage has been great too! The Lord knew just what He was doing, as always.

In April of 2013 I was able to move out on my own in a small apartment not far from my family. Within walking distance really. I've really enjoyed decorating and planning and having my own space. I spent months praying over a place that would fit into my budget, that I also prayed over, and would be a place that would honor the Lord and provide peace and quiet and hospitality to all who entered. I wanted all who came here to be able to see how the Lord works in everything and to feel His presence here. I even knelt in prayer the first night I stayed here and prayed over this place. I really wanted it to be an extension of my witness and testimony for the Lord.
   I've felt that it is very important to be a good steward of what the Lord has provided so I have spent a great deal of time learning about homesteading and recycling and reusing things and I've been so happy to be able to grow a few veggies and make my own laundry detergent and learning how to cook all sorts of things.
  Now that's a topic I could spend a long while on.. cooking. Growing up I was never interested in learning to cook. Mind you I have always been able to cook in "need-be" situations, just don't expect 5 star restaurant kind of food. LOL But in living in my apartment I've been learning a lot in the kitchen. Most of the time since it's just me and my little dog frozen pizza, hamburger helper and quick meals are on the menu the most often but I've enjoyed learning to make things like spinach tarts, 100 different ways to fix chicken breasts, and explore every new cookbook I get my hands on. Recently I got some deer meat from my parents and I've LOVED finding out all I can make with venison. Tonight, in fact, it will be deer steaks and onions.  :-)

In August of 2013 I received my CCHT (certified clinical hemodialysis Technician) certification. I was so excited because I had to study really hard and the training for dialysis is really intense. I couldn't have done it without the Lord helping me and giving me great teachers and trainers with a lot of patients. I've learned so much and still have so much left to learn. It's challenging and I like to help others.

September marked another Homecoming at church and this coming September we will be celebrating 50 years in the Church's ministry reaching the community with the Gospel. Right now we are planning a 50 year Jubilee for 2014. We always have our revival during September and this past one was such a blessing. The Lord gave the preacher a special message each night. I believe the Lord worked in my heart as well as others.

OH! I almost forgot to catch you up on the ministry at church. That has been busy as well as we steadily work in reaching others with the Gospel until the Lord comes back. I'm still teaching the 3-5 year old Sunday School class every Sunday morning and I'm also a teacher for the younger age group in our youth ministry on wednesday nights. Unfortunately because of an eye infection I wont be able to attend tonight but this year has been especially exciting for me with the Wednesday night youth work. We've been doing a study on "Who is Jesus?" and we've been learning different attributes of Christ each night. I feel the Lord has really directed the lessons and He has given me some great and exciting ways of presenting Himself to the children. I've been able to use some great object lessons to explain some tough subjects like using a hard boiled egg to talk about Jesus as our Savior and then being able to present Salvation to them in a way that they understand, or using "Life" cereal to build a bridge to explaining how Jesus Christ is the Light and LIFE of the world. Just two weeks ago I used candles to show them how Jesus is our LIGHT. It's been so great and so much fun! I really hope and pray and believe that the Lord has used this to reach those kids in unforgettable ways. These kids need a lot of prayer though, most of them come on our bus ministry outreach from broken homes and don't really even know what real love is or what it means. They desperately need Christ in their hearts and lives.

Our bus outreach has been something too. It has come with its own set of challenges to try and keep the bus going. We have so many children that come on that bus and families too. There are two families in particular that come to mind as they are so faithful in attendance. They don't have much in the way of worldly possessions but they have riches untold in their relationships with the Lord. I've seen each member of one family saved in the time they have been coming and in the other family, the father has been saved but was away from the Lord and his two young children have been saved in the time they have been coming. Both children are in my Sunday School class and in the mid-week youth ministry. I've seen them grow as each week has passed.

I'm still the Church hostess though that doesn't require quite as much time and effort as the other things. I keep the Fellowship Hall stocked with plates, forks, paper towels, toilet paper, coffee, etc. That sort of thing... I also set up for church fellowships and i try to help with any church event that takes place in our Fellowship Hall. I really couldn't do that job without lots of help from our Pastor's Wife. She does so much and she is AWESOME! She has been a friend, a wise counsel, and a wonderful godly testimony.

I also do a lot with music in the church. I sing in the choir and do specials. I believe it's important to give every talent over to the Lord to be used for His glory. The Lord has allowed me to create a CD of hymns a couple years ago and I'm working on creating another one but it's been a challenge because there is so much planning and organizing and working with others in the church to get it done. I've had to remind myself that they have things going on in their lives too so I have to be patient. I'm still praying that if the Lord would have me to make this new CD of traditional hymns that He would make a way.

December 2013 brought with it my 1 year anniversary with Dialysis Clinic Inc. (DCI). As well as my first Christmas in my little apartment. I was so blessed by my family this Christmas, I can't begin to tell you how much I felt loved. My family has been so good to me. They helped me with getting all my furniture in my apartment. They spent hard earned money to be able to give me gifts to help me here like dishes and other furniture. This Christmas though my parents bought me a used washer and dryer and they even went so far as to get the dryer fixed when it didn't work AND helped me move it into my apartment. My sisters have given support and advice and tips for all sorts of things and have been so kind as to be supportive when I would need a listening ear.
  I had a lot of fun trying to decorate my little place on a VERY tight budget. I am so thankful for good friends and neighbors who gave me some of their own extra decorations so that I could make this first Christmas special. It was such a "hodge-podge" of decor that didn't match but I loved every piece for the warmth and love that came with it; from my little "charlie brown" Christmas tree to my strand of Christmas lights around the living room windows that only half of them worked. Hahaha! It was a Christmas that I will never forget though and it will make a story worth telling for years to come.

I'm looking forward to what the new year holds as I prayerfully make plans; like a veggie bed out in front of my apartment that I hope I can keep going all the way up to early winter as I've been learning about cold crops in my continuing study of homesteading. There will be new adventures in the world of Dialysis as I continue to learn the ins and outs of the clinic I work at and new patients to care for. The work of the ministries at Morning Star Baptist Church will keep going, Lord willing, and souls will come to know Jesus as their Savior. There will be children to come and go and I hope to be one of those teachers that they can look up to as a role model and as someone who really showed them not only that someone in this world cares about them but that God loves and cares about them too. There are still things in my own life that I am seeking the Lord in. I would like very much to be a wife and mother one day and, Lord willing, I would like very much for that to be sooner rather than later but God IS IN CONTROL and His time is best. Most of all I am praying to grow in my walk with the Lord more and more each day. I want to walk so closely to Him that when others look at me they don't see me but my Savior. I want to bare MUCH fruit for my Lord.

I hope you've enjoyed reading about the last year of my life. I will try very hard to keep you updated on all the Lord does in the coming year. I hope to share more bible studies with you and hope you will share with me as well. God bless and keep you!

No comments:

Post a Comment