this is lesson #3 of the Holy Women Bible Study by : James Knox
The Virtuous Woman
One would do well to read Proverbs 31: 10-31 at least 3 times before answering the questions.
1) Find Titus 2 qualities illustrated in Proverbs 31:10-31.
Behavior as becometh holiness
self-control, not given to bad habits
love for children
teacher of good
control of tongue
love for husband
keeper at home
2) What does the Bible say about virtuous women in Proverbs 31:10 and Ecclesiastes 7:28? To what is she compared? What does this tell us about the number of such women in our world?
3) How can a single girl model the qualities of Proverbs 31?
4) Discuss one of the qualities of Proverbs 31 that you learned from observing the life of an older woman.
5) The "bottom line" quality of the virtuous woman is fearing the Lord (vs. 30). How does this trait make all the others possible?
6) Make a list of the particulars in Proverbs 31:10-31. If there is not an exact match in today's economy place one next to that on your list. (e.g. spindle and distaff= sewing machine). Next to each, grade yourself (A, B, C, D, E, F,) as to how your life matches the Biblical ideal.
7) Now take the same list and write next to each particular a woman from the Bible and a woman that you have known personally who exemplified such a trait.
8) What steps can (will) you take to "bring your grades up?"