good quote

" In my opinion, the great single need of the moment is that light-hearted superficial religionists be struck down with a vision of God high and lifted up, with His train filling the temple. The holy art of worship seems to have passed away like the Shekinah glory from the tabernacle. As a result, we are left to our own devices and forced to make up the lack of spontaneous worship by ...bringing in countless cheap and tawdry activities to hold the attention of the church people." ~ A.W. Tozer

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Ever Wish You Were A Superhero?


Ever wish you were a super hero?
*sigh*
Not for the super powers or the awesome technology or because you win the guy or girl of your dreams (even though that's sooo cool) but because you really wanted to do something great with your life. Because superheros always stand for whats right and true. They arent like everyone else; they have honor, courage, strength, morals, and faith. They give everything, every part, of themselves for something bigger and more important. To look at them in their alter ego, human self... they tend to blend in. To look at them you wouldn't think "There's a Superhero." And how many of our everyday heros are just like that?

Sometimes I dream of being a "superhero". Put right the wrongs, fighting for truth and justice, showing the world that there's a better way, a right way, and having unmeasureable faith in the Lord above and to do great things because of that faith. I look at my heros, the people that I've always looked up to and tried to emulate. I look at my life and realize the Lord has given me so much and what have I done with it? I think that is my biggest fear. That no matter how much I do or give it's never enough for what Christ did for me. Not that I'm trying to earn my way into Heaven or buy my salvation with good works. It doesn't work that way. I know that I know that I'm saved and that I've put my trust in Christ alone. Now that I am saved though (and have been for 20 years now) It's not enough just to be saved. I want to do all I can for the cause of Christ and to help others. I don't want to waste a moment but so often I wonder if I have. 

What is that niche that I am to fill? Am I already in it or does it still wait for me to step up? I was made for something otherwise I wouldn't be here. I know that. My life in and of itself isn't worth much. It is but a vapor, a single grain of sand amongest billions of other grains of sand. My breath, my very being, held in the palm of His hand. The great I AM is my Lord and Master and He controls the fate and path of my life. I want to do great things, I dream of being a "superhero" of faith. I'm afraid that I fall short of what I could be for Him, of what He wants me to be.

I know that the truth is that in putting my faith and trust in Him and giving Him complete control in my life will fullfill that desire to do everything He would have me to and to become all He intends for me to be. But I just wanted to put my thoughts and feelings out there. Kind of like a public journal entry or something. Just to share... maybe you've felt the same way and have the same desire to be what God would have you to be. Maybe you are far wiser than I am and have figured out the answer to this silly fear and have some thing to share in return. Maybe you just want to say, "Hey, I'm right there with ya."  

I'll end by saying... I wish I were a Superhero. Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment