good quote

" In my opinion, the great single need of the moment is that light-hearted superficial religionists be struck down with a vision of God high and lifted up, with His train filling the temple. The holy art of worship seems to have passed away like the Shekinah glory from the tabernacle. As a result, we are left to our own devices and forced to make up the lack of spontaneous worship by ...bringing in countless cheap and tawdry activities to hold the attention of the church people." ~ A.W. Tozer

Sunday, September 5, 2010

...jasoiernhtalnsdfoaubshgfong....

yep.. that's about how life feels currently. Things have been nuts, busy and complete chaos. From Dad having doctor's appointments almost everyday this week to trying to plan a baby shower for my sister, her health needs and church ministries in between; life has been hectic to say the least.

I honestly can't think of a time I have been under such stress and had so many sleepless or sleep troubled nights in my life. I think I'd take college during finals week over the current situations.

That doesn't even begin to tell about the financial difficulties with not being able to find work and trying to keep from being a burden on my folks. It's rough out in the big, bad and ugly world and this grown up chic is struggling just to do the back float much less the breast stroke or whatever other type of swimming one might take a notion to do.

On the flip side though... I try remind myself it could always be worse. I could be lost and on my way to Hell. I could not have the victory through Christ. I could be homeless, shoeless, cloth less, foodless, friendless, comfortless, and a million other lesses out there. I could not be able to claim the promises of God through His Holy Word. I could not have a mediator in Jesus Christ. I could be fatherless, motherless, sisterless, brotherless, familyless and so forth.

But the truth remains that I DO have salvation through the blood of Jesus Christ and I AM on my way to Heaven. I DO have the victory through Christ. I DO have a home, more shoes than I could ever need, Clothes to wear and the skill to make my own. I AM full in my belly with food and I AM NEVER in want of something to eat. I DO have friends that are so wonderful and the best friend a person could ask for in Christ alone. HE IS my comfort and I CAN claim His promises EACH AND EVERY ONE in His Holy Word. HE IS my mediator and God IS my Heavenly Father. I DO have a father, mother, sisters, brothers and family and friends. And despite what rough and rocky patches I may go through, these things never change and that is just another wonderful blessing from God. I guess I should try more to focus on these things more so than the other stuff but everyone can relate with me when I say that sometimes that gets kind of hard.

1 comment:

  1. Psalm 4:8
    I will both lay me down in peace and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety.

    I began this verse during deployments and it often comes to mind during times of stress.

    ReplyDelete