good quote

" In my opinion, the great single need of the moment is that light-hearted superficial religionists be struck down with a vision of God high and lifted up, with His train filling the temple. The holy art of worship seems to have passed away like the Shekinah glory from the tabernacle. As a result, we are left to our own devices and forced to make up the lack of spontaneous worship by ...bringing in countless cheap and tawdry activities to hold the attention of the church people." ~ A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Cranberry Wassail

I love how people post super easy recepies on here. So I thought I might contribute one of my own.. maybe some others down the line.

I found this one and I want to try it around Christmas Time. It's Cranberry Wassail! Wassail is a contraction of the Old English phrase waes haeil which literally means "be healthy" (according to Mountain Rose Herbs) and is the toast that commonly accompanies the partaking of this warm, spiced punch during the Holiday season.

the ingredients are:

1 quart cranberry juice
1 cup apple juice
3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1 three inch cinnamon stick
1/2 teaspoon allspice
4 whole cloves
1 orange, sliced

In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients, except the orange slices, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Strain the mixture to remove spices and discard them. Transfer Wassail to a punch bowl, garnish with the orange slices, and serve warm.

Makes 5 cups...

If you give it a try, let me know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment