good quote

" In my opinion, the great single need of the moment is that light-hearted superficial religionists be struck down with a vision of God high and lifted up, with His train filling the temple. The holy art of worship seems to have passed away like the Shekinah glory from the tabernacle. As a result, we are left to our own devices and forced to make up the lack of spontaneous worship by ...bringing in countless cheap and tawdry activities to hold the attention of the church people." ~ A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Down From His Glory

Down From His Glory has to be one of my all time favorite songs to sing in praise to my Lord and Savior. Not only is it written in a beautiful soprano key but the words are so true and just AWESOME!...

I don't know if anyone else here has ever heard it before. My guess is probably yes there are some that have. Anyway though, I just thought I would post the words here for anyone else that might get a blessing from reading it.

Verse 1

Down from His glory,
Ever living story,
My God and Savior came,
And Jesus was His name,
Born in a manger,
To His own a stranger,
A Man of Sorrows,
Tears and agony.

Chorus

O how I love Him!
How I adore Him!
My breath, my sunshine,
My all in all!
The great Creator,
Became my Savior,
And all God's fullness
Dwelleth in Him.

Verse 2

What condescension,
Bringing us redemption;
That in the dead of night,
Not one faint hope in sight,
God, gracious, tender,
Laid aside His splendor,
Stooping to woo, to win,
To save my soul.

Verse 3

Without reluctance,
Flesh and blood His substance,
He took the form of man,
Revealed the hidden plan.
O glorious myst'ry
Sacrifice of Calv'ry,
And now I know
Thou art the great
"I AM."

No comments:

Post a Comment