good quote

" In my opinion, the great single need of the moment is that light-hearted superficial religionists be struck down with a vision of God high and lifted up, with His train filling the temple. The holy art of worship seems to have passed away like the Shekinah glory from the tabernacle. As a result, we are left to our own devices and forced to make up the lack of spontaneous worship by ...bringing in countless cheap and tawdry activities to hold the attention of the church people." ~ A.W. Tozer

Sunday, September 6, 2009

He Keeps Me Singing

This hymn is a blessing to my soul today... I love to sing and I love that the Lord puts a melody in my heart to sing as I walk with Him each day...

there's within my heart a melody
Jesus whispers sweet and low
"Fear not I am with thee,
Peace be still,"
In all of life's ebb and flow.

(Refrain)
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus
Sweetest name I know,
Fills my every longing
Keeps me singing as I go

All my life was wreaked by sin and strife
Discord filled my heart with pain
Jesus swept across the broken strings
stirred the slumbering cords again

(Refrain)

Feasting on the riches of His grace
Resting 'neath His sheltering wing
Always looking in His smiling face
That is why I shout and sing

(Refrain)

Though sometimes He leads through waters deep
Trials fall across the way
Though sometimes the path seems rough and steep
See His footprints all the way

(Refrain)

Soon His coming back to welcome me
Far beyond the starry sky
I shall wing my flight to worlds unknown
I shall reign with Him on high.

No comments:

Post a Comment