good quote

" In my opinion, the great single need of the moment is that light-hearted superficial religionists be struck down with a vision of God high and lifted up, with His train filling the temple. The holy art of worship seems to have passed away like the Shekinah glory from the tabernacle. As a result, we are left to our own devices and forced to make up the lack of spontaneous worship by ...bringing in countless cheap and tawdry activities to hold the attention of the church people." ~ A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Stand For Christ

http://www.silencingchristians.com/

Hey you guys! I just wanted to send this to you to watch. There was something about it on TV WJZY ( i think). Someone sent me the website so I could watch it. It is a battle out there. It's speaking about the new hate crime laws that have come out in the past few years and the "homosexual agenda" that started back around 1989 with a book. (don't remember the name of it) What do you know of the AFA (American Family Association)? I don't know much about them or what they stand for so I'm not sure if they are a reliable source. I just thought I'd send this to you because it peaked my interest and got me to thinking some on the issue today.

I've known some who claimed homosexuality and spoke with them, even been persecuted by more than one. Our nation is becoming more like Sodom and Gamarra everyday. My question is "How much longer before the Lord is no longer merciful?" It isn't long now before we are to be called home, and while I am overjoyed for I long to be in the presence of my Lord, I feel an urgency to speak out, to share Christ with others because I'm saddened by the truth of the outcome of eternity is for those who don't except Christ as their Savior.Now is the time to be bold and zealous for Christ and while I know this, I fear that I too have fallen into a stagnant pool of "do nothing" What do we do? What can we do? How do we move forward for the Lord in this world we now live in? We're being attached from all sides and even from the inside out in some cases. How do we fight? Are we to fight or do we just stand? I know what my weapons are, and I'd like to think I have a pretty good idea on how to use them, (though I'm not perfict), but then what? Logically I would think the next thing would be to go to battle but perhaps thats just me leaning unto my own understanding.

I'm just voicing some questions that came to mind as I watched this video and also as I sit and think on this spiritual battle we are in. More rambling than anything, but I did want to share it with you because it is a subject that we face today. I'm thankful that as of right now, though it is increasingly difficult, we can still home school. I hope a pray that the government will not be allowed to take that away. But what of our churches and our businesses? I had often toyed with the idea of a Christian library or bookstore or some other Christian based business but with this issue how would that be affected? Or any other faith based Christian activity in the public eye... God forbid we not be allowed to even hold church services in a building but end up having to go underground or something... This really concerns me. I pray for our nation and our leaders but I also pray for us Christians, that we would stand firm for the cause of Christ. They are taking away from what Christ did for us that day upon calvary and while God does not force himself on anyone and they have a right to be wrong if they so chose someone has to stand up and point out the fact that it is, in fact, wrong. Isn't that suppose to be us? So I end with asking, "Lord, what can I do? How would you use me? How can I be of service for the Lord and for others?" Not because of what I am or what I have done, but because of WHO HE IS and WHAT HE HAS DONE...

No comments:

Post a Comment