good quote

" In my opinion, the great single need of the moment is that light-hearted superficial religionists be struck down with a vision of God high and lifted up, with His train filling the temple. The holy art of worship seems to have passed away like the Shekinah glory from the tabernacle. As a result, we are left to our own devices and forced to make up the lack of spontaneous worship by ...bringing in countless cheap and tawdry activities to hold the attention of the church people." ~ A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

One of My Favorite Hymns

I just wanted to post one of my favorite hymns because for me it is such an encouragement when I feel the load of everyday tasks and overwhelmed thinking of what lay ahead. This hymn reminds me that God gives strength and grace for the things of today and that I can trust Him to the things of tomorrow. I hope it is an ecouragement to you who read this. It's called "Just for Today" by: Eben E. Rexford and Victor H. Benke

Just for Today

My Father this I ask of Thee;
Knowing that Thou wilt grant the plea,
For this, and only this, I pray,
Strength for today, just for today.

(Chorus)
Strength for each trial and each task,
What more my Father, should I ask?
Just as I need it, day by day,
Strength for my weakness, this I pray.

I do not ask a lifted load,
Nor for a smooth and thornless road;
Simply for strength enough to bear
Life's daily burdens anywhere.

Strength for the present hour and need-
This given, then I'm blest indeed;
For each day, as it comes, will bring
Sufficient strength for anything.

(Chorus)
Strength for each trial and each task,
What more my Father, should I ask?
Just as I need it, day by day,
Strength for my weakness, this I pray.

Strength for today, that I may make
Some sad souls glad, for Jesus' sake;
Then they, with me, at eve shall say,
"Thank God for strength He gave today."

No comments:

Post a Comment