good quote

" In my opinion, the great single need of the moment is that light-hearted superficial religionists be struck down with a vision of God high and lifted up, with His train filling the temple. The holy art of worship seems to have passed away like the Shekinah glory from the tabernacle. As a result, we are left to our own devices and forced to make up the lack of spontaneous worship by ...bringing in countless cheap and tawdry activities to hold the attention of the church people." ~ A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

My Purpose Statement (updated)

My Purpose Statement
12-27-2008

Life Verse: Acts 20:24~ “ But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God”

My Ultimate Purpose: To love God with all that is me according to His word in Matthew 22:37. Also to love my neighbor as myself and to serve God and others. Finally, to follow the Lord wherever He leadeth me to go and do His will, sharing the gospel.

Freedom in Truth: (some of God’s promises, to remember throughout life.) I must remember God’s promise to comfort us in times of trouble (John 14:1-6).
That He is constantly working to make me more like Him (Philippians 1:6 and 1 Thessalonians 5:24)
That He is faithful and just to hear my prayers and answer them according to His perfect will.
My weakness is made strong in Him. (Philippians 4:13 and 2 Corinthians 12:7- 10)

Some Gifts of the Ministry: (some skills and abilities that God has given or is developing in me)
• Music: singing and playing piano
• Speech: sign language and speaking to others and to groups
• Organization
• Management skills
• Computer skills
• Working with youth, teens and young college age
• Offering new solutions
• My education
• Developing teaching skills
• Friendly personality
• Crafts or other things done with the hands
• Caring for others
• Developing soundboard abilities and audio/ computer program abilities
• Sewing clothing
• Listening to others and offering encouragement

For Such a Time as This: (how I am using this now)

Quote: “ Develop a love for God, the rest will come naturally in time as He gives it.”

I can apply this today by doing my very best in the ministry of Morning Star Baptist Church and my surrounding community; by thinking of others and not myself; by singing and speaking about Christ throughout the day. Being friendly, praying always, quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger, and should God give opportunity to reach out then I should share the gospel with another. Using my skills at Sign Language to share the gospel with others and teaching others to do the same. Reaching out to my Sunday School students and teaching them about the Lord. Always being willing to follow the Lord and trust Him with all that comes in my life. By assisting the Pastor and his wife and other workers in my local church in whatever way might present itself as well as fulfilling my duties as the church’s Assistant Clerk and by being an encouragement to others.

My Prayer: (this I prayed after writing this purpose statement and wrote it down to always remember.)

“ Lord, it is with a sincere and earnest heart that I pray to you, that you would take Acts 20:24 and apply it to every part of my life. And that you would take these things written in this my purpose statement and use them for thy honor and glory all the days of my life. Amen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment