good quote

" In my opinion, the great single need of the moment is that light-hearted superficial religionists be struck down with a vision of God high and lifted up, with His train filling the temple. The holy art of worship seems to have passed away like the Shekinah glory from the tabernacle. As a result, we are left to our own devices and forced to make up the lack of spontaneous worship by ...bringing in countless cheap and tawdry activities to hold the attention of the church people." ~ A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Finding My Mission

I was longing for a mission:
Fancy made it something grand...
Something that would win the praises
of the world on every hand;
So I squandered time in waiting
for the chance that never came,
quite forgot to think of others
in my longings after fame.

But one day I had a vision
of the needy ones nearby,
of the hearts that starve with hunger
til they faint and fall and die...
starved for little deeds of kindness,
or a word of hope and cheer,
and the smiles that cost so little,
but can make it pleasant here.

Then it was I found my mission...
knew what work God meant for me.
and I cried, "Forgive my blindness;
now, at last, thank God I see!"
and my heart that had been selfish
in its longings to be great,
saw a wide fields of labor waiting
for me just outside my gate.

So I seek to scatter sunshine
in a dark and cheerless place.
loving words have given courage;
smiles have cheered the tearful face.
in the joy of helping others,
God's good time I waste no more,
Since my life has found its mission
waiting just outside my door.

No comments:

Post a Comment