good quote

" In my opinion, the great single need of the moment is that light-hearted superficial religionists be struck down with a vision of God high and lifted up, with His train filling the temple. The holy art of worship seems to have passed away like the Shekinah glory from the tabernacle. As a result, we are left to our own devices and forced to make up the lack of spontaneous worship by ...bringing in countless cheap and tawdry activities to hold the attention of the church people." ~ A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Dumb Ol' Country Boy

I'm just a dumb old country boy,
That ain't so very smart:
And when I talk I get mixed up,
My gears are hard to start:
It seems I don't have many brains,
Like other folks I know,
And when it comes to society,
My dumbness there I show.
I found it don't take many brains,
The best in life to gain:
It's not your wealth
Or what you are,
Prestige you might obtain:
It only takes just simple faith,
Eternal life to find;
No matter who or where you stand,
There's grace for all mankind.
I went down to the jailhouse once,
To witness for the Lord:
I told them how the Lord saved me,
They sure looked mighty bored:
They nudged each other
And they smiled,
They all knew I was dumb:
But they stayed in and I walked out,
When leavin' time had come.
I'm still a dumb old country boy,
I hope I'll always be:
Just dumb enough to trust the Lord,
For all eternity:
And so I'll just keep travelin' on
With Jesus in my heart;
I'm just a fumb old country boy,
That ain't so very smart.

1 comment:

  1. A friend Paul McGown quoated this poem in State Arkansas competition, it took 1st place in state to go to national,in 1977 or 78 ,in a ACE school.
    Being from ARKANSAS PLUS BEING FROM A FARM, Paul fit this poem to the T !!!!!!
    With NO acting ,he put his regular work clothes on no body had a chace. To this day Paul serves the Lord with every bone in his body & his heart goes with it to, and he is KNOWN as
    "THE DUMB OL COUNTRY BOY" !
    Only if this poem could be done "seen" !!!!!!
    Would make alot differants on defferant people .

    Michael R. Crafton

    ReplyDelete