(taken from the book "Life Management for Busy Women")
1. Refuse to miss a day
2. Pray as you approach God's Word.
3. Consume God's Word in different ways- i.e. preaching tapes, videos, memorizing scripture, reading Godly books.
4. Find a rhythm or a pattern that fits your lifestyle... i.e. find a schedule that will work for you
5. Be a person of the Word of God
6. Be accountable to someone concerning your devotions
7. Beat the family up. The Psalmest said, "early will I seek Thee"
8. Teach the Word to your children
9. Aim for more time. Some time in the Word is better than no time, but always aim for more.
" In my opinion, the great single need of the moment is that light-hearted superficial religionists be struck down with a vision of God high and lifted up, with His train filling the temple. The holy art of worship seems to have passed away like the Shekinah glory from the tabernacle. As a result, we are left to our own devices and forced to make up the lack of spontaneous worship by ...bringing in countless cheap and tawdry activities to hold the attention of the church people." ~ A.W. Tozer